10 Tips for Spring Energy Savings
1. CLEAR THE AIR: Open windows to allow fresh (free!) air to circulate.
2. COOK OUTSIDE: Enjoy a few hours of sunshine by using your grill or smoker to add festive flavors to meals.
3. SEARCH AND SEAL: Cracks and spaces let conditioned air outside. Caulk and weather strip to seal leaks.
4. NATURAL LIGHT: Open blinds and curtains, and turn off the lights to save energy.
5. BE FAN FRIENDLY: Use ceiling fans to circulate airflow.
6. ATMOSPHERIC ADJUSTMENT: Remember to adjust your thermostat settings for the milder months ahead.
7. TUNE UP: Schedule an appointment with your HVAC technician to identify any potential problems with your system.
8. PEAK SAVINGS: Think about supply and demand. Plan household chores that require electricity during off-peak hours (when energy demand is low).
9. TAKE CHARGE: Consider disconnecting electrical devices you don’t use regularly until you need them. Plugged-in devices use energy even when not in use.
10. MOVE OUTDOORS: Time spent outdoors offers opportunities to turn off lights, televisions, computers and home appliances. You’ll be more active, have more fun and save more money.
Throughout 2023, Stearns Electric will be featuring residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural EnergyWise programs, rebates and other cost and energy saving…