Keep every room warm and cozy with storage heating from Stearns Electric Association
This EnergyWise Storage Home Heating Program helps conserve energy by charging your electric heating system during off-peak hours when electric costs are lowest. Each day, your heating system charges then distributes heat in your home all day. Each eligible storage heat option below offers 100% efficient heating at the EnergyWise rate.
October – April: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
May – September: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
ROOM STORAGE HEATING
- Room storage heaters can be easily installed in remodeling projects at existing homes or businesses.
- The heater uses Electric Thermal Storage (ETS) technology to convert electricity to heat.
- A quiet fan circulates heat from the bricks within the heater to heat the room.
- Each heater is individually controlled so you can adjust the temperature of each room.
SLAB STORAGE HEATING
- This heating method uses the concrete floor of a building as a radiant heat source. Slab storage heating has been recognized as one of the most comfortable forms of heating.
- A slab storage heating system combines the comfort of radiant heat with the cleanliness and consistency of electricity, converting electrical energy into heat and storing it in a reservoir of radiant warmth.
- This system is designed to heat industrial, commercial and residential structures.
- Electric mats or electric cables are installed into sand 8”-12” below the concrete slab. The cables use the earth as a reservoir to store heat that will later radiate up into the structure and heat your facility.
FURNACE STORAGE HEATING
- A furnace storage heater uses the same principles as a room storage heater: ceramic bricks are heated at night while you sleep (11 p.m. to 7 a.m. each day).
- This type of unit comes in different models depending on which type of heat you would like in your home.
1. Fan Forced System: This furnace operates like a standard forced air furnace and can even have an air conditioner or heat pump installed with it.
2. Combination of Hydronic System and Fan Forced System: This unit can heat water for in-floor heat like a boiler. It also can heat air like a forced air system, all with one unit.
* These storage heating units also qualify as a heating system back up for the EnergyWise Dual Fuel program.
SIGN UP TODAY
Contact our Energy Services department during business hours at (800) 962-0655.