KEEP EVERY ROOM WARM AND COZY WITH STORAGE HEATING FROM STEARNS ELECTRIC ASSOCIATION.
This EnergyWise Storage Home Heating Program helps conserve energy by charging your electric heating system during off-peak hours when electric costs are lowest. Each day from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m., your heating system charges, then distributes heat in your home all day. Each eligible storage heat option below offers 100% efficient heating at the EnergyWise rate.
ROOM STORAGE HEATING
- Room storage heaters can be easily installed in remodeling projects at existing homes or businesses.
- Room storage heaters use Electric Thermal Storage (ETS) technology to convert electricity to heat.
- A quiet fan circulates heat from the bricks within the heater to heat the room.
- Each room storage heater is individually controlled so you can adjust the temperature of each room.
SLAB STORAGE HEATING
- Using the concrete floor of a building as a radiant heat source has been recognized as one of the most comfortable forms of heating.
- A slab storage heating system combines the comfort of radiant heat with the cleanliness and consistency of electricity, converting electrical energy into heat and storing it in a reservoir of radiant warmth.
- The slab storage system is designed to heat industrial, commercial and residential structures.
- Electric mats or electric cables are installed into sand 8”-12” below the concrete slab, using the earth as a reservoir to store heat that will later radiate up into the structure and heat.
FURANCE STORAGE HEATING
- A furnace storage heater uses the same principles as a room storage heater; ceramic bricks are heated at night while you sleep (11 p.m. to 7 a.m. each day).
- This type of unit comes in different models depending on which type of heat you would like in your home.
1. Fan Forced System: This furnace operates like a standard forced air furnace and can even have an air conditioner or heat pump installed with it.
2. Combination of Hydronic System and Fan Forced System: This unit can heat water for in-floor heat like a boiler. It also can heat air like a forced air system, all with one unit.
* These storage heating units also qualify as a heating system back up for the EnergyWise Dual Fuel program.
SIGN UP TODAY
Contact our Energy Services department during business hours at (800) 962-0655.