A Year of Savings with Innovative Energy Solutions – Commercial LED Lighting Retrofit
Throughout 2023, Stearns Electric will be featuring residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural EnergyWise programs, rebates and other cost and energy saving features in our Year of Savings with Innovative Energy Solutions. In February we are featuring member, Legacy Building Solutions and the Commercial LED Lighting Retrofit.
LEGACY BUILDING SOLUTIONS
Member since 2010
Completed LED Lighting Retrofit in 2022
WHY DID YOUR BUSINESS CHOOSE TO DO A LED LIGHTING RETROFIT?
The biggest reason was for the cost savings. We had previously retrofit a smaller building 2-3 years ago and knew that completing a similar project in our main production building would make a substantial difference on our monthly electricity bill – plus it’s brighter and looks cleaner. We also removed the challenge of housing old fluorescent bulbs and the cost associated with that.
WHAT HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST BENEFIT SINCE COMPLETING THE RETROFIT?
Beyond the cost, the biggest benefit to our business has been the employee impact! Having the LED lighting has created a better working environment for our employees which leads to a higher employee morale.
WERE THERE ANY INCONVENIENCES?
Not at all! We were able to complete the project during downtime, so it didn’t even affect production.
HOW MUCH DID YOU RECEIVE IN REBATES?
We received a rebate of $2,831.
HOW MUCH MONEY WILL YOU SAVE?
Since completing the retrofit last year, we have seen a savings of about $350 on our electric bill each month.
HOW MUCH ENERGY WILL YOU SAVE?
When comparing the usage measured by our electric meter on our Stearns Electric bill each month, we will save approximately 84,000 kWh of energy each year from the retrofit.
Commercial LED Lighting Retrofit
The Commercial LED Lighting Retrofit Rebate is available to commercial members who purchase and install retrofit lighting in existing buildings or who complete a custom lighting project. A Stearns Electric EnergyWise expert will work with you to determine your custom rebate value*.
- All lighting must be EnergyStar or DLC rated and match the installation application.
- Commercial rebates are based on installed equipment of one-for-one replacement of incandescent fixtures, fluorescent T12 lamps and fixtures or other fixture types that produce similar kW savings.
- If the project is not a one-for-one retrofit, a project with a reduction in fixtures can be applied for under Custom Lighting Rebate.
- If a project is a lighting redesign, a photometric layout is required and can be applied for under Custom Lighting Rebate.
- Automatic controls must be permanently installed.
- Installation must be complete before application is submitted. Rebate must be applied for within 12 months of invoice date.
*Rebates are not to exceed 15% of material costs OR project costs, up to $10,000 per member.
Stearns Electric offers residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural rebates for our member-consumers. By upgrading to more efficient equipment and enrolling in our EnergyWise programs, you will save money and energy every month. Contact Stearns Electric at (800) 962-0655 for more information.
November 29, 2023
In September 2023, the Stearns Electric Association Board of Directors authorized a $1.175 million general retirement of Cooperative Capital Credits…