A simple, convenient and cost effective way to participate in solar generation.
SolarWise is a community-based solar array designed to make it easy and affordable for our members to support an alternative, environmentally-friendly energy option.
HOW IT WORKS
Become a part of the SolarWise Community by purchasing the output of one or more solar panels located in the community solar array at Stearns Electric Association’s St. Joseph Branch Office. The energy produced from this project helps supply energy to our distribution system. While the energy created doesn’t directly power your home, you will receive a credit on your energy bill based on the output of the system.
- No costs to install solar panels on your property.
- No worrying about maintenance or repair costs.
- Lock in today’s electric rate for the community solar portion of your Stearns Electric energy bill until 2035.
- Available to both homeowners and renters alike.
COMMUNITY SOLAR OUTPUT
WHAT IS THE COST
|Purchase Year||Remaining Years of Output||One Panel Cost|
HOW DO I SIGN UP
It’s very simple. Only Stearns Electric Association members are eligible to participate and must complete the Community Solar License Agreement and return it to the Cooperative with your payment.
LEARN MORE ABOUT COMMUNITY SOLAR
- Credit Card
- Finance Option | $200 Down / 5% for 24 months (If you are interested in financing your community solar purchase please view more information on our Energy Resource Conservation Loans)