As an equal opportunity employer, Stearns Electric Association seeks employees who are creative, high-energy professionals with excellent people skills to provide our members with a positive experience. Employees benefit from a work environment that encourages work-life balance and professional growth along with competitive pay and an outstanding benefits package. Stearns Electric Association will accept applications and resumes for those positions that are open and available to external candidates. When a position is available, a posting will be listed below.
Stearns Electric Association is seeking a full-time Data Analyst at its headquarters office in Melrose, Minnesota.
(50%) We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst to lead and develop our data analytics capabilities. The Data Analyst is responsible for conceptualizing analytic approaches, developing key analytics, and executing complex advanced analytics services. They will work closely with Stearns Electric’s internal departments to identify, understand, and transform data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
(50%) Additionally, this position will work with Stearns Electric’s major business systems, with focus on day-to-day operational support and monitoring of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Meter Data Management System (MDMS) to ensure accurate data for billing, business and analysis needs.
- Work with Stearns Electric’s internal departments, business partners, vendors and other cooperatives to identify, understand needs and support opportunities for leveraging data analytics.
- Establish and maintain data analysis processes and best practices to improve data analysis capabilities throughout the organization.
- Evolve our data collection capabilities, analytics and reporting process as the business evolves and grows by optimizing strategies, implement databases, building scripts for data acquisition and integration logic, and selecting appropriate combination of methods and tools.
- Elicit, analyze, document, and communicate existing and emerging business information needs to ensure that the right information is available for making business decisions.
- Develop and create data models by applying formal statistical data modeling techniques. Create predictive models to understand likely future outcomes and create proof of concept to test prescriptive actions.
- Operational support and monitoring of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Meter Data Management System (MDMS) and meter data collected, to ensure accurate data for billing, business and analysis needs. Includes managing/monitoring systems/processes, dashboards, virtual metering, ability to understand data and perform meter data validation, estimation, and editing (VEE). Analysis of electric distribution system capacity, performance, compliance, and operation.
- Manages project activities and directs efforts to ensure work will be completed on time, within budget, and will meet organizational needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in data analytics, quantitative studies, mathematics, statistics, decision sciences, computer science or comparable degree is preferred. May consider an Associate’s degree / certification through a data analytics boot camp program in lieu of bachelor’s degree.
- At least 1+ years of work experience in a data analyst or relevant role preferred, but not required, experience to include the following:
- acquiring, maintaining and verifying data
- conducting and overseeing optimization modeling
- conducting mathematical and statistical analysis in a utility or comparable context
- High degree of initiative; self-starter; continuous learner; strong level of accountability and ownership.
- Very strong research, analytical, creative problem solving, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Solid project management skills, ability to manage own workload, scope projects, and balance competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; solid presentation skills with ability to communicate with wide range of different audiences (non-technical to technical)
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with teams.
- Ability to consult with stakeholder to gain an understanding of business and analytical needs and develop solution to problems via mathematical modeling, statistical modeling, optimization modeling, financial modeling and other techniques.
- Programming experience and ability to use foundational knowledge to move between different programming languages/tools (e.g. R, Python, SQL, etc.).
- Strong experience with database management systems, Excel, analytics tools, visualization tools; reporting and statistical software packages.
- Skill in transforming large quantities of data and reducing complex issues into clear and concise language, and actionable information.
- Working understanding of electric utility organizational, operational, regulatory contexts, as well as external forces/impacts within the industry and factors affecting electric energy usage including economic trends, demographics, market conditions, and technological developments.
Send cover letter, CV and/or resume no later than Friday, August 20 to:
Human Resources, Stearns Electric Association, PO Box 40, Melrose, MN 56352 or email to email@example.com.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Stearns Electric Association is an equal opportunity provider and employer. In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the Cooperative prohibits discrimination against its members, employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Cooperative.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Cooperative or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at https://www.usda.gov/oascr/how-to-file-a-program-discrimination-complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.